Metal braces have come a long way and now give patients many choices for treatment options. Technology has made metal braces more comfortable, attractive and effective than they were in the past. They still remain popular today because they have been around for a very long time and give both the dentist and the patient reassurance that treatment will be a success. Traditional braces use smart technology wires to straighten crooked teeth and are now available in a clear option.
PROS of Clear Traditional Metal Braces:
- Stain-free: The clear braces won’t stain from certain foods and drinks.
Invisalign is a new technology in orthodontic care that lets patients straighten their teeth without friends, family, or coworkers noticing! Invisalign is a clear and discreet way to improve the appearance of a smile which can’t be done with metal braces.
PROS of Invisalign:
- “Invisible”: Invisalign uses clear aligners to straighten teeth without other people noticing.
- Comfortable: Unlike traditional braces, invisalign uses removable aligners instead of metal wires or brackets. This helps prevent soreness and wire-irritation that happens with metal braces.
- Convenient: With the invisalign aligners being removable, patients can eat and drink as they please without the concern of damaging the appliance or having food getting caught in metal brackets and wires.
- Health Improvement: Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth plastic material that are easy to keep clean. Traditional braces have several areas around the brackets and wires that are hard to keep clean and can cause bacteria to gather.
Hobie - Dr Martin with the help of Reese Orthodontics. What an amazing result with traditional braces in this teenager. View photos →
Ester - Dr Martin with the help of Reese Orthodontics. Notice the difference in the facial change. View photos →
Joey - Dr Martin with the help of Reese Orthodontics. This was a great Invisalign case to close spaces. View photos →
Steven - Dr Martin with help of Reese Orthodontics. With the use of braces and bonding we were able to close spaces and make appropriate sized teeth. View photos →
Amy - Text to go here. View photos →
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE
Thank you for choosing West Ashley Dental Associates. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be contacting you shortly to schedule an appointment and receive your $50 coupon on your initial visit.